|technical spec • product list • filling • cleaning • maintenance & repair|
Filling or Emptying
The following filling instructions are clearly indicated on the inside of door.
1. Bleed off any pressure in the manifolds
by opening and closing of valves 'J' & 'K'
1. Push back handle 'A' valves will close
|Before any filling operations:
Make sure that the tank is empty and gas-free.
Connect the earth wire to the earth points provided on the tank frame.
When filling has been completed and/or filling pipes have been removed:
Disconnect the earth wire;
Apply TIR seals to all sealing points.
|Filling and Emptying with Product|
Open the valve cabinet doors X and Y
The remote control cable V should be hooked onto ring N. In an emergency a sharp pull on the remote cable will automatically close off the excess flow valves E and F.
|FILLING FOR TRANSPORT UNDER INERT GAS|
|Follow the instructions
A. PURGING WITH NITROGEN:
- Always fill through the liquid line and bleed off through the gas line;
- Dry Nitrogen (dew point -20°C) should be used for transport under inert gas. The main reason for this is to prevent any oxidization of the bare carbon steel on the inside of the tank;
- The most accurate procedure during purging is to use an Oxygen % metre at the gas line outlet. Purging with nitrogen should continue until the Oxygen content registers less than 2%. If an Oxygen % metre is not available, the following can be used as a guideline:- Duration of bleeding before closure of gas line: approximately 10-12 min;
- Care should be taken that liquid Nitrogen does not enter the gastank (indicated by freezing of the nitrogen feed line);
- To prevent this the Nitrogen volume flow should be controlled in order not to overstep the Nitrogen storage tank evaporator capacity. Once the oxygen has been displaced, close off the gas phase globe valve D and allow the pressure to build up to between 1 and 2 bar. Once this pressure is reached, close the excess flow valves by pushing back handle A following the instructions for closing under Filling or Emptying.